Public Relations / Marketing Intern
Backpack Buddies of Metro Atlanta (BPBMA) provides weekend meals to food insecure children in metro Atlanta to enhance their mental and physical health as well as their ability to learn. BPBMA is a newly formed 501c3 but has been operating as a program for over 10 years. Come join an amazing organization and help fight childhood hunger...Beacuse hunger doesn't take the weekend off.
PR / Marketing Intern
PR / Marketing Committee
The PR / Marketing Intern will be working closely with the PR / Marketing Committee with administrative duties in developing and implementing PR and marketing strategies. This will include but is not limited to assisting with the writing of media releases, supporting event activations, creating/posting social media content, ideating marketing programs, writing blog posts/newsletters, conducting research, measuring impact of campaigns, and much more. The intern will also support staff from other committees to determine their PR and Marketing needs.
● Enrollment in a BA or BSc degree in public relations, communication, or journalism.
● Excellent understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,
● Efficient in Google Workspace, as well as familiarity with marketing computer software / online
applications (e.g. CRM tools, graphic design, video editing, online analytics, Google Adwords)
● Knowledge of copywriting and editing.
● Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and comfortable with public speaking.
● Basic budget management skills to track PR / Marketing spending.
● Willingness to attend events after hours and on weekends.
● Good research and analytical skills.
● Prioritization, meeting deadlines, desire to learn, professional drive, passion for the industry.
Key Job Responsibilities:
● Supporting the PR / Marketing Committee in implementing the company’s strategy.
● Creating engaging content for media releases, social media, blog posts, and newsletters.
● Updating and maintaining the company’s social media pages.
● Building relationships with volunteers, donors, Board Members, and the media.
● Providing assistance to the PR / Marketing Committee with all elements of events.
● Giving input on marketing initiatives and suggesting creative ways to raise awareness.
● Conducting research on marketing initiatives of similar organizations in the non-profit space..
● Monitoring of media coverage and collecting key data from marketing campaigns.
● Updating media lists, company database, CRM, and other administrative needs.
Backpack Buddies of Metro Atlanta is an equal-opportunity employer. Backpack Buddies of Metro Atlanta prides itself in celebrating diversity and does not discriminate in any of its programs, policies, procedures, or employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental.